Firewall Design, Implementation and Management
Network security is more important today than it ever has been in the past. With the advent of more sophisticated methods of network intrusion, you need to be sure that your firewall can handle the task of keeping your network safe.
At RSTG, we have years of experience with network security and network security devices. After utilizing many different devices over the years, RSTG has standardized on Untangle for almost all of our firewall implementations.
RSTG has deployed dedicated firewall configurations for companies and educational institutions ranging from ten users to over a thousand, utilizing both the free and commercial versions of Untangle.
Untangle represents a fantastic value in the firewall marketplace with many companies able to use the standard free version with no ongoing out-of-pocket licensing expense. The free version includes the following free applications:
- Web Filter Lite
- Application Control Lite
- Virus Blocker Lite
- Phish Blocker Lite
- Intrusion Prevention
- Spam Blocker Lite
- Captive Portal
- Ad Blocker
For those companies that need more sophisticated firewall applications, the commercial version of Untangle includes these advanced features:
- Web Filter – Premium web content filtering
- HTTPS Inspector – Decrypt HTTPS to allow other apps to process the datastream
- Live Support – For easy resolution of any technical issues, includes configuration backup.
- Policy Manager – Create web usage restrictions, such as teacher vs student
- Branding Manager – Customize “block” screens with your own message or logo.
- WAN Failover – Keep yourself online with multiple ISPs.
- WAN Balancer – Leverage multiple ISPs for better bandwidth utilization.
- IPsec VPN – Securely connect your network to others.
- Application Control – Control any application or protocol with a checkbox or use the Integrated Rules Engine to leverage from other Untangle apps for complex rules.
- Web Cache – Save time and money by caching frequently accessed items.
- Bandwidth Control – Prioritize traffic as you see fit.
- Virus Blocker – Prevent infections from reaching your network.
- Spam Blocker – Stop spam before it hits your mail server.
- Directory Connector – Enforce restrictions and view reports by Active Directory user name.
Did you know
Untangle can be deployed on one of our approved appliances or for more powerful installation requirements, we recommend Dell servers.